Midterm Reflection

Stepping into this FSEM, I didn’t know what to expect. I knew the basics of globalization from my AP Comparative Government class senior year. I knew the definition, and that was pretty much it. I never really took the time to ponder what it was really about. I never really thought it connected to outsourcing, or anything of that nature. I just thought it was a thing that could occur, not something that has been occurring for many years.

On the economic standpoint, I knew nothing. I never took an economics class in high school(I never really wanted to). I knew only about supply and demand. Through this class, I can now proudly give a couple of definitions of economic terms like opportunity cost or the comparative advantage. I became aware of things happening in Greece, as well as other parts of southern Europe. I became more aware of China and their economic systems(how they basically have two, a traditional and modern sector).

Looking back on the posts I’ve made so far, I’ve realized globalization is all around me. I just never took the time to notice it. It’s in the music I listen to, the food I eat, the products I buy, the languages I speak, the device I am typing this on(HP: an American computer manufactured in China.Awesome.)and who I even talk to. Nothing is strictly American; the world is small. Globalization has been molded into everyone’s life, without them really even knowing it.

The semester is only half over, but there is still so much to learn!

Sorry, Comments are closed.